Exova Metech has invested in a new state of the art Accelerometer Calibration System at its Linköping Laboratory. It is a fully automated system using FFT signal analysis with thorough capability for all accelerometer types.
- We are the first business in Scandinavia that are investing in a complete automated system which makes us a market leader in calibration of Acceleration & Vibration, says Johan Benett, Chief Technology Officer at Exova Metech.
Exova Metech has a long history of Acceleration calibration and our experts have been well trained in working with the new system. In addition to calibrating the most common accelerometer types, the system can also perform Shock Calibration and Impact Hammer Calibration.
- The reason we are investing in a new Accelerometer Calibration System is to broaden our capabilities towards our customers, but also to be able to calibrate large quantities as the system is fully automatized concludes Johan Benett.
Defence and security company Saab has completed a successful first flight of the next generation smart fighter, Gripen E. Exova Metech has a long and fruitful collaboration with Saab and through our partnership we have been a key contributor to the Gripen platform and its business success. We congratulate Saab on Gripen E´s successful maiden flight and we are proud to have been a part of this achievement.
For more information about Gripen E´s first flight: http://saab.com/air/gripen-fighter-system/gripen/gripen/evolution/first-flight/
Gripen E first flight over Linköping Friday 16 of June 2017
Mats Persson has been appointed Managing Director for Exova Metech replacing Peter Engberg, who will be leaving the business. Mats will take up his new role effective from 1st June 2017.
Mats Persson has had a long and successful career within Exova Metech as Head of Sales and Marketing, and recently General Manager for Sweden and Finland. Prior to this Mats was CEO and Owner of a business within the Specialist Surface industry.
“I am very excited to take on my new role at Exova Metech. I have been working in the business for 10 years, and I know that we are among the best in the industry when it comes to quality control and risk management. We have an exciting future ahead of us with a lot of new opportunities”
Peter Engberg will continue his career at Saab AB, one of Exova Metechs key customers, as Head of Saab Traffic Management.
World Metrology Day is celebrated by over 80 countries each year on 20 May - the anniversary of the signing of the Metre Convention back in 1875. To this day, the agreement provides the basis for a single, coherent system of measurements that are traceable to the International System of Units (SI).
The theme for World Metrology Day 2017 is Measurements for transport. This theme was chosen because transport plays such a key role in the modern world. We not only move ourselves, but also the food we eat, the clothes we wear, the goods we use and rely on, not forgetting the raw materials they are made from. Doing so safely, efficiently and with minimal environmental impact requires an astonishing range of measurements.
Indeed more widely metrology, the science of measurement, plays a central role in scientific discovery and innovation, industrial manufacturing and international trade, in improving the quality of life and in protecting the global environment. (Text from www.worldmetrologyday.org)
Exova Metech has been working with calibration of measurement equipment since 1947, helping companies in the Aerospace & Defence, Life Sciences, Energy and Engineering sector with quality control and risk management. We are proud of our long and rich history, providing high quality services to our clients.
Exova Metech in Göteborg has been approved for maintaining Volvo Cars Quality Excellence status, which is according to Volvo Cars a proof of Exova Metech beeing among the best supplier in the industry. The award is given annually to suppliers in recognition of their commitment to deliver and maintain the high standards and requirements set by Volvo Cars. Exova Metech achived the award during a cermony in January 2016. The maintaining of Volvo Cars Quality Excellence Status (VQE) meens that we are considered as the supplier of choice and will be considered for new business with Volvo Cars in the future.
I slutet av oktober blev vi utsedda av National Instruments till att vara en av deras certifierade service centers. Detta innebär att National Instruments kommer att skicka alla sina kunders mätdon från den Nordiska regionen till kalibrering vid vår verksamhet i Arboga. Vi är mycklet glada och stolta för förtroendet och hoppas på ett långt och givande samarbete.
- Vi ser på ackrediteringen som en kvalitetsstämpel, säger Exova Metechs tekniska chef i Sverige i Swedac Magasin, en tidning från Sveriges nationella ackrediteringsorgan. Läs hela intervjun om hur Exova Metech ser på ackrediteringsprocessen och betydelsen av ackrediterad verksamhet.
Vi hjälper våra kunder med mätteknik för produktkvalitet och riskhantering
Vi gör detta genom att:
- agera som oberoende leverantör av kalibrering, mätning och konsulttjänster
- ha en bred kapacitet och hög kvalitet på våra tjänster
- tillhandahålla flexibla servicelösningar som ger mervärde till kunden
- vara nära våra kunder och tillhandahålla tjänster på plats hos kund
- arbeta långsiktigt och med starka kundrelationer
- ha kompetent och engagerad personal på alla nivåer